Policy last updated: 24th May 2018
Givta's Data Protection Officer can be contacted for more information via email@example.com
It is required to register with Givta in order to use the online service, in doing so you must provide basic personal information including; name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth. Should you choose to make payments through the website, then you will be required to provide additional information including credit card, debit card or bank details and these details may be stored and used for both billing and payment purposes at a later date.
The circumstance may arise that in order to send or receive high-value transactions or facilitate a high yearly cumulative payment volume, additional identification information will be required to enable Givta to comply with anti-money laundering obligations under European Law. However should this occur, plenty of notice will be given in order to help with the data gathering procedure.
When you visit the Givta website, we will collect certain information that will be used to uniquely identify you with the specific intention to increase overall security and protect the integrity of your experience. This information will include but not be limited to; your IP Address, device type, browser type and MAC address, with this data continuously monitored in order to help eliminate future erroneous activity.
When a user sends money to another user the details of the transaction are stored. The information is included as part of the users account history and contains the amount of the transaction, the type of transaction, and any messages attached. If the recipient is not connected with the user or a non Givta user, further personal details may be required about them to complete the transaction. For a transaction to a non Givta user, we will store the information associated with the transaction; name, email address and / or phone number should they be required again at a later date.
We may collect limited location information. For example to convert an IP address into a rough geolocation to improve and personalize site behaviour or to detect fraud from multiple login's.
In accordance with the European money laundering regulations, we will carry out a standard PEP and sanctions check based on the information you have supplied on sign up, utilising an appropriate service provided by Lucido Limited.
In order to detect and prevent fraud and money laundering, we will use third party tools to verify identity, age and address information. Card authorisation and fraud screening services verify that a credit card or debit card has not been reported as lost or stolen and the card information and address match the information supplied.
Givta enables users to link to various other social networks and general websites to enable; cross login ability, the aggregation of information and shared functionality. In order to facilitate this, we reserve the ability to store these login credentials to offer uninterrupted cross service resources.
We may collect information by aggregating and anonymizing other information. The aggregation and anonymization process prevents the information from being reassociated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual. We may use aggregated and anonymized information for a wide variety of statistical and analytical purposes.
We collect personal data in order to:
- Provide our services to you
- Tailor our services
- Customise our user experience, the website and mobile device access
- Provide customer support (via any and all contact details)
- Enforce our User Agreement
- Verify the accuracy of the information
- Securing our services and our systems, and protecting your information and data
- Marketing services and features that you may be interested in and monitoring the performance of our marketing
In order to provide the Givta service, it will be essential to intermittently share information with outside parties:
- A retailer for reviews or complaints about products or services, if payment fails or if later processing is necessary, if the retailer makes the transmission of personal data a mandatory condition for making a purchase, for the use of mobile services and offers.
- Any agents or contractors who provide services, including assisting in carrying out identification checks, fraud prevention, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks. Agents and contractors will only use information as required by the task.
- Governmental and / or regulatory institutions and authorities only if we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example if required by a court or for the purpose of prevention of money laundering, fraud or other crime).
Other than as described above, no information will be passed on to any other third parties without prior notification and consent from our user.